Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Facebook Personal Social Media Audit


The Month of May seems to be a month about social media auditing – who to accept on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. I recommend revising your social media presence approximately once a month or at least once a quarter to make sure you are making connections that make sense. For those regular blog readers, as you know, I have actually written out my personal social media policy & have different views on how I want to use LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook. They all have different uses for me from a very professional space to a more personal space. Today’s blog post is about Facebook.

For brands, I’m a big believer in having a Facebook page and encouraging “likes” as this will help create WOM within the networks of those who “liked” you. As an indidual, I use Facebook for a very close group of friends to keep up on very personal details such as photos and travel news. Though I have hundreds of friends on Facebook, I lock down most contacts to limited profiles and typically indicate only close friends and family to see my photos.

Here are my thoughts on Facebook: I will have a personal & professional profile – I’m still sorting through if this is the right move for me

Personal Profile:
-          My personal profile will be very limited for search functionally
-          It will be separated from my professional uses of social media sites through the use of a separate name (my married name)
-          I will accept only those that I are actively a part of my personal life
-          I choose to share very limited information (like photos) as I feel that the world wide web is a very public forum for my personal life
-          I understand that even if deleted, the information does not cease to exist
Professional Profile:
-          Through my newly created professional profile, I will build my professional network and be very viewable on public searches
-          This profile will be connected with my twitter, foursquare, and LinkedIn profiles
-          This profile will adhere to my professional vision through my consistent professional head shot, profile information & status updates
-          No personal photos will be shared through this forum that does not adhere to my above social media policy
-          I understand that Facebook is more of a personal forum


How do you use Facebook for personal branding versus brand/cause marketing?

2 comments:

  1. They all have different uses for me from a very professional space to a more personal space. Today’s blog post is about Facebook. buy real instagram followers

    ReplyDelete